To use my custom icons, you must install them yourself. The way I do it is a bit more complicated than the springboard way. I’ve tried to break it down as easy as possible. Please go slow and follow these steps carefully!
Apps you will need:
These are all available in the Cydia store!
1.Save the selected icon onto your phone. > Open iFile (available for free in Cydia store) > Go to path: var/mobile/media/DCIM/ , scroll to the very bottom folder and open it > scroll to the very bottom file, it should be the icon you just saved. Click “Edit” in the top right corner > click on the bottom file > click the clipboard icon in the bottom right corner and select “Copy/Link” > Click cancel.
2. Open SBSettings (available in the Cydia store for free). > Scroll to the very bottom and click on “App Folders” > Select the app that you wish to change the icon of. It will show you a path, screenshot it so you won’t forget it.
3. Open iFile (available in the Cydia store for free) > Follow the path that was given to you on SBSettings > Once in the correct folder, you will see a folder named “THEAPPYOUWANT.app”, click on it > Scroll down until you see a file named Info.plist, click on it, and choose “Text Viewer” > a) Search for the string that says “CFBundleIdentifier”, directly under that you will see < string > com.named.something < / string>, screenshot this or remember the text in between the strings exactly (capitalization and punctuation count).b) Search for the string that says “CFBundleIconFiles”, directly under that you will see multiple < string >Icon.png< /string>, screenshot this or remember the text in between the strings exactly (capitalization and punctuation count)
4. In iFile, go to the path: var/stash/themes. > Create a NEW FOLDER within the themes folder and name it “MyIcons”. > Open the folder you just created (var/stash/themes/MyIcons) and create a NEW FOLDER within the “MyIcons” folder named “Bundles” (capitalization counts). > Open the folder “Bundles” and create another new folderand it will be named with the text you found as the “CFBundlieIdentifier (from step 3)” “com.named.something” (capitalization and punctuation count!This is very important!), open this folder > Click “Edit”, Click the clipboard and select “Paste”, repeat this step so there are two of the same file in the folder > Rename the icon file by clicking on the blue circle to the right of the file name. The names you will be using is the text you found in between the strings under the “CFBundleIconFiles (from step 3)” (ie. Icon.png and Icon@2x.png [These are the most typical icon names that you will need]). Your folder contents should look similar to the picture below.
5. Open Winterboard (available in the Cydia store for free), click “Select Themes” > Select “MyIcons” and click on the backbutton to return to the Winterboard main page > Click “Respring” in the top left corner.
6. And voila! You have just changed your icons! You will need to repeat this for each icon. It may seem a little overwhelming at first but with practice, you will be a pro in no time! With this tutorial, you should be able to change any icon!